《龙魂志》第二期

Tips:龙,鳞虫之长。广义的龙族涵盖所有类龙生物,所以网站叫做 鳞目界域——“有鳞目”的领域

#1 2010-08-20 15:39:12  |  只看该作者

龙仔
角龍
来自 米国
网站

English Version of 《龍之情1》: DragonRoar 1

Oops, this was what I've done during a writing class in the US this summer. This story was translated via my beginner's level of English, so I think most of you can understand it. If not you can contrast this version with the Chinese one: 龍之情1中文版
And, due to the revising of the story, some parts of the plot were modified a little.
-----------------------------------------------------
DRAGONROAR --- Wail from the Middle Ages
by Yunqiao Zu (Jason)
(Narrator perspective: 1st person, reliable)

It was dark outside; everything seemed to have lost its vitality. I was lying in my cave, listening to the wind miserably blowing and the dropping of the water inside the cave silently. Time was flying by, but anything I did now would come in vain. There was nothing but dispair in my psyche.
No one could explain why human in the Middle Ages detested dragons so much, nor what had made us represent chaos and evilness. Anyway, all was over now. My life was heading towards no more than doom. The cave was no longer my shelter, but my grave soon.
We were NOT wicked, NOT unholy; we also had our brilliant culture, just a little friction with humans'. We never attempted to attack them, but to be friendly. I didn't believe it was just the tiny friction which turned us into the humans' quarry, even hostiles. Or perhaps that was the destiny of us dragons.
Anyone alive had never experienced death, of itself. Neither had I. As a spectator, however, I had tasted how scary it was, when I and my brothers' mother fainted. A quiet and peaceful night that was, mum was telling us bedtime stories. Nothing expected, nor unexpected, when suddenly a crowd of those creatures called humans raided our home.
Footsteps broke the formed serenity, followed with shadows reflected on the walls. They came, all armed, just like the soldiers in the battle. Seeing mum and us, they immediately showed disgust and hatred on their faces. Mum felt the hazard; she stood up and rushed to the front of us, blocking those humans from possible injuries to us children. Cumulated hatred eventually led to a bloody battle. With the power of sheer herself, mum couldn't resist so many of them on her own. The human didn't lose much of its army, while mum had been beaten to half death, lying on the ground, still with breath, yet already fainted.
It was absolutely a triumph for the humans. One of them went out of the crowd, straightly towards mum. The blood spread over the ground scared us to freeze, watching that one walking towards mum step by step, while pulling out a sharp metal strip shining the silver light, making the circumstance even more frightening. It came silent again, deadly silence, like the end of the life.
That was the last roar, the last breath of our mum we hear, when that man stabbed the powerful weapon heavily into mum's body.
Mum closed her eyes, never ever opened them again.
Our sole protection was gone also, no more time for us to watch. Escape came the first, since we had become their targets. That night was just like a nightmare, but true. We ran wildly, just ran, not daring to turn back to see those hunters at any time. Fortunately, we survived from that scary and lethal metal weapon used by human fighters, called the sword, quite popular in battles but especially for dragon slaying. All lived except one.
That calamity had not ended yet. The humans kept hunting and disposing of our race. The army slowly drove us into desperation. There was no chance for any retaliation, the dragons all had been separated by the humans and slaughtered, with no warning, nor mercy.
Now mum's fate had come to me. These should be my last hours in this world. I would never flee this time, we dragons have our dignity. Fleeing was of no use, either. For me, it was just waiting, for my last battle against human, and the terminal of my entire life, my sorrows, misery.
As expected, here they came, in order to get rid of me for their so-called justice. That was it, the battle started. One versus over twenty, the results was easy to predict, I became that way like our mum.
This time I didn't experience the death so early. They bonded me tightly with iron chains and carried me to a nearby village. All the humans there came out to see my death. I arrived at the execution ground, rounded by those humans.
"Attention, everyone! Watch how this evil monster will go to the hell in front of you. Enjoy the moment!" I was tied here, and one of them shouted to the public.
But to me, it seemed nothing had happened. In my psyche there was just doom. I opened my eyes slowly to see the blue sky. Birds were flying, yet why did their melody sound so sad, so tormented?
Time was up. The executioner lifted up the sword, aiming it accurately at my heart. Ignoring the shouting of the audience around, it was such a silent moment, never more in my life.
And a wail, overcast wail, with so low a pitch, but rather clear, heard by me, terminated the silence as the sword terminated my life.

最后修改: 龙仔 (2010-08-20 15:44:20)

感覺遙遠,只因藏在內心深處

离线

#2 2010-08-20 16:57:02  |  只看该作者

shiningdracon
寻道龙

回应: English Version of 《龍之情1》: DragonRoar 1

龍仔英文果然厲害,英文全譯
完全可以試試發到國外的龍論壇上哦

以龍為本
<-- 目前頭像 by 理業化肥
聯繫方式:站內短消息或郵件