#1 2009-06-02 13:40:28  |  只看该作者

shiningdracon
寻道龙

Meretseger

所屬文化:埃及
名字的含義是:she who loves silence
別名:Mert-sekert
形象:一條盤卷的眼鏡蛇,或者女人的身體眼鏡蛇頭,或者眼鏡蛇的身體女人的頭。極少數情況描繪為三個頭的眼鏡蛇:一個為蛇頭,一個為女人頭,一個為禿鷲頭。

Mertseger是帝陵山谷(the Valley of the Kings)的守護者,並且也被在那兒工作的工匠所崇拜。她會放出有毒的動物懲罸那些盜墓者或是揩油的工匠。同時,她也是個仁慈的神,會治愈那些改過自新的人。

Wiki百科:
In Egyptian mythology, Meretseger (also spelt Mertseger), meaning "she who loves silence" exerted great authority during the New Kingdom era over the Theban Necropolis and was considred to be both a dangerous and merciful goddess.[1] As a cobra-goddess she is sometimes associated with Hathor.[2]

Since the first syllable of her name is the same as that in the word pyramid, it became thought that she lived on top of (or was) the pyramid-shaped mountain which overlooked the Valley of the Kings, where the pharaohs' tombs were located.

She was the patron deity of the workers in Deir el-Madinah who built the tombs. She punished workers who committed crimes, but healed those who repented. In one instance Meretseger is petitioned to bring relief to one in pain. She answer the prayer by bringing "sweet breezes"[3] A draftsman named Neferabu dedicated a stela to her: "An ignorant man (I was), without my heart, who did not know good from evil. I was doing misdeeds against the Peak and she taught me a lesson...The peak strikes with the stroke of a savage lion. She is after him who offends her."[4] Merestseger takes pity on the man and "She turned to me in mercy, She caused me to forget the sickness that has been upon me".[5]

As a cobra, she spat poison at anyone who tried to vandalise or rob the royal tombs. In art she was portrayed as either a coiled cobra, or as a woman-headed cobra, or rarely as a triple headed cobra, where one head was that of a cobra, one of a woman, and one of a vulture.

Her close association with the Valley of the Kings prevented her becoming anything more than a local deity, and when the valley ceased being in use, so she also, ceased being worshipped.

以龍為本
<-- 目前頭像 by 理業化肥
聯繫方式:站內短消息或郵件

离线

论坛页尾